A Flashcart is a device that can play ROM game backups in the original game console. This can be useful for playing especially rare or unreleased games on the original hardware, without having to pay for expensive collectible cartridges. Usually a flash memory section or a flash memory card is used to hold the data: hence the name Flashcart.
- Nintendo DS/Emulators - Emulators you can run on a Nintendo DS using a Flashcart.
Game Boy Advance
- DLDI - GBA Homebrew can make use of FAT space on the SD Card.
- Emulators - Emulate other consoles on your GBA, such as the NES.
- Multimedia - Play videos and music on your GBA.
- Development - Develop Homebrew on your GBA.
Released in summer 2016, the Everdrive GBA costs $100, and has a real-time clock. No need to patch every ROM with a tool to play.
One of the last GBA Flashcarts still in production. Uses a microSD. Some are designed to be used with the DS Lite.
Since the original wiki is disused and falling apart, we have imported it's data into here.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Specifications - Specs and Source code of the EZ Flash Tools.
- Save Management System - How saves are managed in EZ Flash.
- Starter Pack - Everything you need to get started with it.
- Compatibility List - What ROMs are compatible with this flashcart.
- Starter Pack - Everything you need to get started with the EZ Flash IV.
- EZ Flash IV Starter Pack - Folder containing video tutorials and basic software you need to use the EZ Flash IV.
Flashcarts on SNES can be a tough and expensive proposition depending on the game you want to play, since some SNES games use special accelerator chips such as the SA-1 and the SuperFX, which can only be simulated through FPGAs.
- SD2SNES $200 - Contains an FPGA allowing you to simulate some accelerator chips with high accuracy. Of course, this makes it cost $200, but that may cost less than most of those rare cartridges.
If you're cheap and handy with electrical engineering, you can create your own flashcart by hacking shovelware games that have the accelerator chips you need.