The Bibliotheca Anonoma is a research task force archiving, documenting, and safeguarding Internet Folklife. It was founded by Antonizoon in January 2012, and became a multi-member organization on 2014.
(a little outdated)
- Stories - Gripping folk tales collected from around the internet, for the enjoyment of future readers. Many of these stories are important snapshots of a certain time period in a website's history.
- 4chan Chronicle - A community built textbook, reconstructing 4chan's decade-long history.
- Tanasinn.info - Complete History of 4chan - A community built timeline of 4chan, passed down from wiki to wiki after the fall of Wikichan. Updated weekly by the community whenever an event of interest occurs.
- 2ch Chronicle - A Community Editable Textbook, reconstructing the 15-year long legacy of Japan's most culturally significant website.
- The Return of the Well-Cultured Anonymous - A self help book made by anons, for anons. Reconstructed from Wikichan after it's total collapse.
- BASC-Archiver - 4chan complete thread archiver. Grabs images, thumbnails, HTML, JSON, and even child threads.
- BASC-py4chan - Python wrapper for the 4chan API.
Projects on the Archive Team Wiki
- 4chan - We made this impressive listing of all 4chan Archivers known to exist, in the past and present.
Information on the internet is infamously volatile. In just a few seconds, sites could be there today and gone tomorrow. To prevent another Wikichan from happening, the Bibliotheca Anonoma saves down websites to be researched in their extant state.
- Fybertech 4thread - Fybertech has one of the largest collections of 2008-2014 4chan threads, outside of the fallen Chanarchive and the modern 4archive. This is a contingency backup of all 9GBs of threads (up to 2015-02-16) to the Internet Archive.
- Penfifteen Archive - In 2013, Vyrd discovered that some anon (whose native language is Finnish) had this curious, undocumented public archive of very, very early handarchived threads from 4chan (along with many other period-appropriate .swfs, videos, and images), spanning all the way from 2004-2008.
- Everything Shii Knows - Shii is an important primary source for the early days of 4chan and anonymous textboards.
We generate dumps of important wikis for later analysis.
- Encyclopedia Dramatica - Text dumps are uploaded to the Internet Archive on a biannual basis. Image dumps are pretty difficult to do, but we'll try to do them yearly (and only for newest images? somehow)
- Puella Magi - (Archiving since March 2012)
- Insurgency Wiki - (Archived December 2011) A massive database of information made by Anonymous, especially the /i/nsurgency in the days after /b/-day from 2006-2009. It was never saved very well, and as of 2012 seems to be in an unusable state.
- 4GBs of 4chan Threads 2009-2012 - Assorted webpages from 4chan, saved between late 2009 and early 2012. Many of these are from Chanarchive, /b/ or other boards not archived by the Fuuka Archivers, so they are extremely rare and valuable.
- Information Library v2.0+2.1 -
The Information Library is a gigantic collection of informative images from 4chan created by an anon called InformantB900. It composes 2,206 images containing guides, strange facts, and cool tips, organized in 180 folders.
- Insta-Oldfag Kit/Anti-Newfag Kit -
The Insta-Oldfag Kit is a collection of various OP image thread starters or reaction images, in convenient folders, as well as a few thread screencaps. It was uploaded to the Internet Archive by the Bibliotheca Anonoma.
- Moot Video Archive - A collection of every talk or panel that Moot up to 2011. The torrent died recently, and we're scraping together what we can.
- Neglected Mario Characters - One of the first sprite comics to appear on the web in the 1990s. Died after an ugly spat of infighting.