When you wrap a Wheelwriter:
- Unplug the power cord from the back of the machine.
- Lift the top cover and push the carrier (the part the ribbon goes on) all the way to one side.
- Using packing materials, make sure the carrier cannot move during shipping.
- The machine needs to be wrapped with at least 3 layers of heavy (1”) bubble wrap on all sides. The bubble wrap needs to be fastened around the machine, not just loosely put in the box.
- Be very careful with the levers as they break easily. Using a FIRM box use additional packing to make sure the machine cannot move during shipping. ALL the shippers throw boxes, so it is important that the machine is well packed and cannot move.
Even though we have been doing this for almost 40 years it still takes Ben over 15 minutes to box each machine.
Advice thanks to Joanne Batchelor of Batchelor Business Machines.