To further our goals and provide tax deduction to US donators, we will found a nonprofit in the State of Nevada with IRS 501(c)3 tax deduction for scientific, literary, and research purpose: As a digital research library for online communities.
- Purpose - To further the study, archival, and advancement of internet communities and internet folklife.
- Physical Property - Colocated Servers, Google GSuite
- Income - Membership donations monthly: equal to needs. Maybe patreon, paypal, cryptocurrency endowment?
- Finance - Maybe BB&T Checking for nonprofits, free? Might need to make sure they are familiar with Nevada law though.
- Use hledger for keeping track of transactions, QIF to sync.
- wiki.bibanon.org - Organization Wiki and Knowledgebase
- Taiga - Kanban Board and assignments
- hledger - Double entry bookkeeping
- Desuarchive, rbt.asia - 4chan archivers
- Tenant - Archived.moe
- Matrix/Riot Synapse Server, bridges, Identity Server - Group Chat
- Single Sign On with LDAP, 2FA, Kerberos GPG?
- Self Hosted Neutron Protonmail? Or just GSuite? Use public key encryption for all personal correspondence.
- Gitlab or Pagure or Gogs, sync to Github account.
Why a Nonprofit?
- Tax Benefits - All server payments and donations from anons are tax deductible
- Profits and funds are pledged to be held for organization benefit rather than personal benefit
- Some benefits to nonprofits from PayPal and Google (recurring payments, free services)
- Implementation of limited legal and financial liability upon the bankruptcy or suing of the organization
- Ability to get a subnet of IPs directly from ARIN
- Official organizational registry
- The Treasurer must use double entry accounting: probably Ledger-cli https://github.com/conservancy/npo-ledger-cli/blob/master/npo-ledger-cli-tutorial.md
- Must hire a registered agent in the state, $100 a month http://www.northwestregisteredagent.com/how-to-start-a-non-profit-organization-in-nevada.html
- Must file and submit documents to the state of Nevada yearly
- Treasurer must be different from the leader
- The nonprofit will be registered under the laws of the State of Nevada
- Nevada has the most favorable regulations for nonprofits especially with their anonymity clause except in cases of need
- The only assets we have are in California, but otherwise we are not necessarily tied to a state
- BB&T Bank will probably be used, and Chase Ink Cash for company card
- Free Checking for nonprofits
- 5% points back on internet payments with Chase Ink Cash
- Form 1023 or EZ does not need to be applied for unless you are greater than $5000 a year income http://form1023.org/ https://www.stayexempt.irs.gov/
Assets and Liabilities
- philoponos (Quadranet Wilshire) $89 a month
- ZT Systems in Chenbro Case ~$800
- elias (Psychz Wilshire) $99 a month -
- ZT Systems in Chenbro Case ~$600
- 4chan Archival
Services not offered by us and no implication of membership or legal liability, they only pay us rent
- Bloo's 4chan archives
- Chief Archivist - Antonizoon
- Treasurer - ATC
- Stakeholder 1 - Jordan
- Stakeholder 2 - Hagamablabla
- Chief Infrastructure Architect - Amersel
- Stakeholder 3 - r3c0d3x