This is what happens when you musically inclined anons come together and try to make or to recreate their favorite songs. They aren’t perfect, or even all that good, but that’s part of their charm. There have been two similar projects on /a/: /a/ Sings and Orchestr/a/. /v/ creates albums of songs, usually new lyrics to the tune of familiar songs. Other boards such as /mu/ and [s4s] opt to craft tunes of their own.
- 1 /a/
- 2 /v/ Musicals
- 3 /mlp/ Musical
- 4 /mu/ Projects
- 5 Esfores
- Full chronological list of songs
- Youtube playlist - Some of these songs are blocked on Youtube, the remaining ones should be archived as soon as possible and the remixers of the missing ones should be contacted.
- List of missing songs
Larger in scope, and likely better organized than /a/’s music corps. Born out of the complaints and controversies in the video game industry frequently discussed on /v/, the series of musicals lampoons figures and franchises alongside taking jabs at their imageboard’s culture. Has released four albums to date. Meta Song List
- Disc 1 - Viva La Vidya
- Disc 2 - Fair Way To Seven (Out of Ten)
- Disc 3 - Hacks, Holes & Revelations
- Disc 4 - Quadcorephenia
- Disc 5 - 21st Century Shitpost Man
- Disc 6 - Early Access
- Disc 1 - More Music For The Meme Generation
- Disc 2 - The Vidya Playground & Amiibo
- Disc 3 - Damage Control to Major Todd
- Disc 4 - Master of Inputs
- Disc 5 - Shitposting in Stereo
- Disc 6 - Season Pass
- Album Art
- Album Art
- Song Spreadsheet
- Disc 1 - PC Was Here
- Disc 2 - It’s Shit!
- Disc 3 - Friday Night Call
- Disc 4 - Just Ship It
- Disc 5 - Bad Delivery
- Disc 6 - Anonymous Idort
- Disc 7 - DLC VR Compatible
Spawned from an era of shitposting and memes, the group went on to receive critical acclaim for their eclecticism and revolutionary methods of sampling, particularly on their seminal work 'Death By Memes', a "Concept album about a man whose discovery of and consequentially addiction to memes sees him fall into a state of madness."
- An Actual Photograph of Shaggy Rogers From Scooby-Doo
- Death by Memes
- Requiem For a Meme
- Poseidon in flames
- The Powers That D
- Hanging Dong
- The Very Best of Hanging Dong - Volume 1
"The Dicklick Brigade is an elusive collective of experimental musicians founded by self-righteous prick Geoff Mangum in Holland, 1945. Despite the bands' best efforts, their popularity and critical adoration continues to soar, with upwards of several people downloading each release"
The Dicklick Brigade - This discography is incomplete. A list of missing albums can be found in the link.
The Death Of Pablo
In Early 2017, a /mu/tant had a dream where Kanye West released an alternate version of The Life of Pablo which only had four tracks.
“I keep having this dream where Kanye puts out a new album called The Death of Pablo. It’s just 4 songs, 'Ultralight Wall,' 'Washed Up,' 'Father Stretch My Hands pt. 3' and 'Fade pt. 2.' They are all around twenty minutes. It sounds like the originals but just twenty times darker in both lyrics and production also, Fade pt. 2 has 10 minutes of Kanye talking about his innermost fears and what happens when you die after a few minutes of silence”
Inspired by this anon, /mu/ came together to make his dream come true.
The album can be found on Bandcamp here.
s4s' very own group, running three years strong. While not as prolific compared to /mu/ or /v/'s sheer numbers, Esfores is praised for their consistently high quality albums containing even more intricate references and memes than /v/'s musicals, if such a thing is possible.
- For Dubs or Money
- Greatest Gets - Topkek
- Greatest Gets - Toplel
- The Return of Our S4viorS
- Songs to Pork it to - Disc 1
- Songs to Pork it to - Disc 2
- The Spooky EP
- Le ebin lel lels XDDD
- FORE! (Only Oldfigs Remember)
- New Maymay Alert!™
- untitled tbh
- The Christmas EP - Disc 1
- The Christmas EP - Disc 2
- Le Valentine's EP
- Deleted by Nintendo
- when there is no more room online, the memes will walk the earth