→The Forbidden Fruit: added Pool Anon
** The Bibliotheca Anonoma's [[https://trello.com/b/ohziwjHI/content-to-import Workroom] contains a large stack of stories we're still reviewing. You can comment on it, track our progress, even help out.
** If you just need to **drop off new stories/content**, toss it in
[http://tb.vyrd.net/net/res/46.html#46 our thread at Vyrd.net], the team can build a page for it here.
Click here for the [[Story Style Guide]]
Stories gleaned right out of SA's paywall.
* '''[[The Great Scam]]''' - A tale of Nightfreeze's investment scam in EVE Online. It shows how people are forced to turn to evil when everything goes wrong, and showcases the immateriality of video gaming in contrast with the zealotry of its players.
* '''[[AOHell]]''' - How a man started out as a 15-year-old AOL hacker, growing up to become a powerful spam king.
* '''[http://www.somethingawful.com/comedy-goldmine Something Awful - Comedy Goldmine]''' - "The Comedy Goldmine examines the funniest and most creative threads from the Something Awful Forums. Includes hilarious Photoshops, amusing work stories, parodies, and other types of oddball humor."
===The Father and his Daughter===
Tales about anons who discovered an orphan in a terrible situation, and with the unexpected encouragement of the legions of Anonymous, helped them back up to their feet. Two anons, inspired by the first, repeated that kindness again in their own lives.
Those anons became more than kind strangers; they became their child's mentors and adopted fathers.
** The injustice he suffers and the struggles he goes though just to see his adopted daughter will make you laugh, and will make you cry. Nobody knows if it's real or not, but it's a good story nevertheless.
* '''[[Romeo-san and Juliette]]''' (2008) - Story taken from 4chan's /b/. Romeo-san, as he's called, has taken in a little girl that ran away from an abusive house. He decides that it is in his best interest that he adopt Juliette (sleepy-chan)
* '''[[Adoption Aniki]]''' (2010) - Following a tragic accident resulting in the loss of his aunt, an /a/non is faced with a choice; "walk out of the office, she'd never know who I was and I'd never have to see her again - or I could fill out some paperwork and she'd go home with me."
After some encouragement from /a/, he tries to adopt the niece.**A real life Usagi Drop, and a worthy spiritual successor to Damaged Goods and Blindmute Loli.
===The "Feels" Trip===
Stories that will leave you crying.
* '''[[Lee Won]]''' (2010) - An anon from /r9k/ decides to start his own crappy rock band. They call themselves "The Korean Pop Robots 9000" after their star guitarist, Lee Won.
* '''[[Ella]]''' (2015)- In high school, an anon and a bro is instantly mesmerized by the "girl next door": Ella. The bro, named Pete, enrolls in a fashion class to have something to talk about with her, and ends up knowing more about fashion than most seniors do about economics. But fearing that they might be perceived as a "gay couple" for spontaneous interest, they develop some kind of "manly handshake": A douchebag version of Cirque du Soleil. It was embarrassing, but she caught on to his unrequited love... and decided to ask him out on a date, and they hit it off.
** It's one of these amazing Hollywood/HBO-quality stories with temptations, love triangles, twists and turns, drama, tragedy, and obviously intercourse. But at the end of it all, it's better to have loved... than to never have loved at all.
* '''[[anon-❦-femanon]]''' (2013) -
A tale of best friends and lovers, separated by life's tragedies, reunited at long last.* '''[[Elisa Milicent Sinclair]]''' (2016) -
===Slice of Life===
No giant robots or pedophilic tendencies here, just stories about the simple life.
*'''[[Anon's Deaf Wife]]''' (2011) - A short but quite sweet tale of anons life with his wife.
**Coming from a thread initially focused on sharing
weaboo horror stories, DeafWifeAnon managed to win the hearts of /a/ with tales of his wife. *'''[[The Bedford Strangler]]''' (2011) - One man's quest to cockblock his roommate. **A companion story to deaf wife, though only by merit of occupying the same threads.
* '''[[The Tale of Fionn]]''' (2009) - A college anon's tale of himself, his girlfriend, and a mysterious stranger named Fionn.
* '''[[Don't Worry, He Knows]]''' (2013) - A young man is in love with his neighbor, but does she love him back?
===The Forbidden Fruit===
''The views expressed in these stories are solely those of the original author on 4chan, and do not necessarily represent the views of, and should not be attributed to, the archivists of the Bibliotheca Anonoma.''
Stories told of trials and tribulations, faced by those anons whose love is not only socially forbidden, but could result in the end of their lives.
* '''[[Uncle Anon]] ''' (2008) - It's a sad, yet touching story of the forbidden fruit of incest. Some have called it the modern-day Lolita.
* '''[[Amy-&-Cam]] ''' (2013-2014) - A /b/tard ends up humoring his little sister's crush on him, fending off her jealousy and his own cheesy remarks to build a rather cuddly relationship.
* '''[[The Gospel of Loliguard]]''' (2007) - A lifeguard anon meets a little loli neglected by her father, and does what any /b/tard would do.
=== Little Bit of Everything ===
Feel like fapping, laughing and crying at the same time? These are for you.
* '''[[Storybro's Magically Lewd Sleepover Adventure]]''' (2014) - An anon tells a tale of a sleepover he was lucky enough to attend with five teenage women.
** Instead of it becoming a flat-out harem fest as anons would expect, the anon relays a true epic tale of pain, feels, lewd and laughter. (Very Long)
** A sequel was also written; The page can be found here: [http://storybroadventures.wordpress.com/about/magically-lewd-road-trip-adventure Magically Lewd Road Trip Adventure]
No feels. No Lolis. Bros only. The manliest of picnics.
*'''[[Foodbro's House]]''' (2013) - A tale of bros, fantastic cooking, and one persistent landwhale.
Ballad of Edgardo]]''' ( 2013) - A legend from /tg/, of one mans RP struggle against the gods with only his fists, and a Man named Squid. Fantastic Read.
*'''[[Tales from IT]]''' (2014) - A story of one man's struggle to keep his job in IT while simultaneously knowing nothing about IT. Idiocy insues.
**in the same vein as the [[American Dream]], but 200% more incompetent
*'''[[The Catfish Man]]''' (2015) - A standard revenge story of an anon scorned
**'''[[The Catfish Man Cougar Saga|The Catfish Man: The Holiday Special]]''' (2016) - Otherwise known as the Cougar Saga: Originally posted as a series of imgur albums.
*'''[[The Last Linuxfag]]''' (2015) - A short poem from /g/
*'''[[Gentoo Analogys]]''' (2015) - A series of short analogies from /g/ comparing various systems to a restaurant.
=== WTF ===
Stories of confusion, shock, and all things weird.
* '''[[The Philmarlion]]''' (2013) - An /sp/ anons disturbing ode to an other user. It's really less of a story, and more of a example of mental illness.
* '''[[Cheerios]]''' (2008) - A man who loves Cheerios. A bit... too much.
* '''[[The Bridgekeeper]]''' (Pre-2007) - One man's tale of woe about his mistake of a life, and the hardships and wrongs he's faced.
* '''[[Hypersphere]]''' (2015)- "In the future, all spheres will be hyper." - A sort of /lit/ version of [[Pools Closed Novel]]
* '''[[Horrible Monster]]''' (2014) - 5/10 story from /r9k/
* '''[[Retired Hentai-san]]''' (2017) - An anon tells a story of his younger years as a hentai magnate at school.
== Technology ==
* '''[[In the Beginning There was the Command Line]]''' - Neal Stephenson's satirical treatise of UNIX, personal computers, and the merits of graphical vs command line interfaces.
* '''[[The Curse of the Text Editor]]''' - The title says it all.
* '''[[A Brief History of UNIX]]''' - A satirical history of UNIX, written in biography form.
* '''[[The Perpetual Playthings]]''' - Sympathy for the C variable; An incredibly written story.
* '''[[Densha Otoko]]''' (2005) - A sentimental love story of a fashionable businesswoman and an awkward nerd, who posted his story real time to the users of [[2channel]] (a direct ancestor to [[4chan]]). With the steadfast support of these users, he manages to get the courage to break out of his shell and go out with the girl. There's a good reason why it became 2005's most popular book, movie, and TV Drama in Japan.
* '''[[Chikan Otoko]]''' (2005) - An innocent 2ch user accidentally gets mistaken for a Train molester, though he survives the experience with a bit of charm.
* '''[[The Story of Denko]]''' (2011) -A 2ch user tries to get with a girl and (´･ω･`) ensues.
* '''[["I Proposed to my Girlfriend, but she's been replaced"]]''' (2011)- A 2channel anon discovers that the women he plans to marry may not be who he thinks she is.
**For more, see [http://vgperson.com/talesof2ch.htm vgperson's collections.]
* '''[[Neurotypical idiots]]''' (2015) - a story about neurotypicals and how relationships aren't that important at all.
* '''[[65 Mustang GT]]''' (2015) - A story about a 24-year old classic car restorer, who is given the responsibility of looking after a neighbor's kid, Rachel. They eventually become the best of friends, working together to rebuild a '65 Mustang GT Coupe. But time stops for no man, and those nostalgic days simply can't last forever.
* '''[[The iPhone Scalper]]''' (2006) - Marc Rebillet happens to be first in line for an iPhone, when an eBay scalper offers him $800 for his spot, planning to buy out the entire store's $100,000 worth of iPhones and sell them at extreme markup. But she probably should have read that only one iPhone should be sold per customer. And Marc happened to be have friends who were 10th in line, so they got 2 iPhones and were $800 richer.
* '''[[Rome Sweet Rome]]''' (2012) - A story of what happens when an American Battalion suddenly finds themselves in the Roman Empire. It got a huge following in it's initial release, and even a movie deal.
* '''[[Sweet Home 1985]]''' (2012) - A story of what happens when a man from 2011 wakes up in the year 1985, and is forced to seek help at his own childhood home. Due to a similar inception to RomeSweetRome, it was put into the subreddit [/r/1985Sweet1985](http://www.reddit.com/r/1985sweet1985/).
** We were unable to find the original Reddit threads of this story on our own, but a user named [Vestrideus](https://github.com/vestrideus) discovered that we had mistitled it 1984, rather than 1985. Many thanks, bro.
* '''[[Itoko Otoko]]''' - Literally, "Cousin Man", in the same style as [[Densha Otoko]]. The first major story put on 4chan, his thread was stickied for his push to elope with his cousin.* '''[[Jenny Jones]]'''(2007) - a /b/tard falls for the forbidden charms of a loli.
The men who decided to do something impressive: To scam the scammers, to distract them from victims, to lead them to ruin; such that the scammers will feel what it is like to be a victim. These are the stories of the Scambaiters.
NPR: This American Life - Interview of 419Eater Admins](http://m.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/363/transcript ) - An amazing introduction to the world of scambaiting.** [ 419Eater - NPR Listening Thread](https://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=147822 ) - The thread where the 419Eater admins hear their own interview and make comments.* [ 419Eater Letters Archive](http://www.419eater.com/html/letters.htm ) - The very best safaris and mad antics that scambaiters have sent scammers on.** [ 419Eater Letters Forum](https://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=10 ) - Scambaiting is happening every week.* [ Yeawhatever's Scambaiting Website](https://web.archive.org/web/20071208112917/http://yeawhatever.catholiccall.org/ ) - Yeawhatever's website was lost to time, unfortunately, but the Internet Archive has snapshots of it. Here are the stories that were lost:** [ The Road to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest](https://web.archive.org/web/20070402030412/http://yeawhatever.catholiccall.org/bwindi/safarihome.html ) - [ Forum Post Edition](https://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=77146&start=0 )** [ The Road to Abu Sunbul](https://web.archive.org/web/20080108020611/http://yeawhatever.catholiccall.org/abusunbul/index.html ) - The scammer stopped replying after a while, but it was a great run.** [ The Road to the Hot Zone](https://web.archive.org/web/20070402002127/http://yeawhatever.catholiccall.org/hotzone/index.html )
==Stories from the Anarchist's Cookbook==
Mostly from the [[Anarchists Cookbook]].
* '''[[The Cuisinart Blade]]'''
* '''[[Bad as Shit]]'''
* '''[[Secrets of the Little Blue Box]]'''
Links to good stories hosted outside of the Bibliotheca Anonoma.
* '''[http://dannychoo.com/en/post/26094/How+Discovering+Japan+Changed+My+Life.html Danny Choo - How Discovering Japan Changed My Life]''' - An inspirational story about how Danny Choo, a poor Chinese Malaysian kid in Britain, became obsessed with Japanese culture, and went to great lengths to learn Japanese and even just visit Japan.
* '''[http://narcissu.insani.org/ Narcissu]''' - A heartbreaking visual novel of a road trip by a man and a woman, both of whom die. Safe for Work.
* '''[https://www.katawa-shoujo.com/ Katawa Shoujo]''' - '''NSFW.''' Another visual novel of a student attending a school for the disabled and his struggle to come to terms with his newfound condition. See [[Katawa Shoujo]]
* '''[http://www.otherhand.org/home-page/search-and-rescue/the-hunt-for-the-death-valley-germans/ The Hunt for the Death Valley Germans]''' - spoopy